I just posted the following comment in a thread at the Oracle Technology Network forum, and I thought I'd repost it here, see below.
= = =
This is Steve O'Hearn, and thanks to bigdelboy for reposting the URL for the script download for my book, OCA Oracle Database SQL Expert Exam Guide: Exam 1ZO-047. I didn't realize my earlier posts providing the URL were flagged as spam. You're correct that I posted that URL in several forums at once. It's unfortunate that whoever or whatever may have deleted my entries would've done so on behavior alone without regard for the content of the message.
Anyone can visit my blog at blog.corbinian.com and look for the "1ZO-047 SQL SCRIPTS" link and follow the instructions. And yes, the script download is limited to owners of the book itself. The script is worthless to anyone else anyway.
For anyone wondering about preparation for the exam, please note that my book includes 728 pages in 18 chapters, including one for each of the exam objectives, and each of those chapters includes the following:
- Text to address the exam objectives in detail
- A detailed chapter summary ("certification summary")
- A through "two minute drill" reviewing the concepts of the chapter
- A "self-test" on the chapter, including 15 questions each, and each question is designed to match the pattern of the actual certification exam. This means that many questions are based on code samples, and all offer multiple choice answers.
- Detailed explanations for each "self-test" question and each and every answer - including an explanation as to why each answer is either right or wrong
In addition to all of this, the book also includes a complete 70-question practice exam at the end of the printed book.
And in addition to that, there's another complete 70-question practice exam available online to owners of the book.
These exams are not included in the 728 pages of text. Altogether you're getting over 1,000 pages of material with which to prepare for the exam.
The book really is a complete package for exam preparation. And judging by the volume of email I get from happy readers who are now certified, I dare say its very effective.
Good luck to you if you are studying for the exam! And please feel free to contact me with any comments or questions you may have. I've read that I'm apparently not allowed to post my email address here, but my blog website is listed above, and you can contact me via the blog.